Generally, [Momma L], we have you take a one month break after 3 Clomid cycles. We can then do another 3 cycles or we can have you see the Infertility Specialist to make sure she wouldn't suggest something more aggressive or different. Let me know what you think, although we usually are more likely to refer as a patient nears 35 years old.Now I have to decide my own next step. I feel good about skipping a month of Clomid, though I cannot entirely explain why. However, I do also want to take this to the next level (ie, the RE) if the next cycle doesn't work.
I have your pharmacy information if you want more Clomid for next month or let me know if you would like a referral.
Is this genuinely what I need to do next? I started this whole process with a lie, in that I had to say Momma B and I had been trying for a year prior to seeing my MD just so I could get the referral and get all the tests done. I'm glad for what came out of that, but I don't want to lie any more. The reason for my dilemma? My MD also asked me: "One question that I don't know the answer to, did you do inseminations prior to seeing me and if so, how many?" Uh oh. Does this negatively affect my ability to get the referral to the RE? Will it affect my insurance coverage? Honestly, do we need to even see the RE quite yet since we've only done the BD twice?! I'm so confused. I don't want to take things to another level when it may not even be necessary! Yet I also don't want to waste time trying over and over ... OH! that sounds so bad saying it out loud ... but really, it's expensive, it's stressful, and I'm not getting any younger here. This should be so easy. Tell the truth. My moral fabric is already tarnished by starting this process the way I did, but now I'm afraid of it backfiring. What do I do?